1. Social Networking is the number one online activity in the U.S. A year ago, it was email.
2. The average Facebook user has 130 friends.
3. Three out of four U.S. internet users visit Facebook every month.
4. Facebook accounts for one quarter of all U.S. page views. In fact, it receives 3% more web visits and almost five times more page views than Google.
5. The average user spends 25 minutes per day on Facebook.
6. Facebook now has 154 million U.S. users. That’s a whopping 38% more than it had in 2009!
7. Facebook is the number 1 publisher of display ads.
8. 30 billion pieces of content like photos, videos, web links, news stories, and blog posts are shared on Facebook each month. If every place of content was printed out on a sheet of paper and placed side by side, it would reach the moon 16 times!
9. 200 million users use mobile devices to access Facebook. And, people who use Facebook via mobile are twice as active as non-mobile users.
10. U.S. Facebook advertising spend is expected to reach $2 billion in 2011.
All of these statistics can apply to your school as well. 35% of U.S. Facebook users are between the ages of 18 and 25. Your students are on Facebook, but is your school?