The year is almost over, so if your school hasn’t started focusing on some of the key marketing statistics that will drive 2014, then you need to immediately!
Here’s what to expect:
- Marketing teams will spend $135 billion on new digital marketing collateral
- Internet advertising will make up nearly 25 percent of the entire ad market by 2015
- 78 percent of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing
Some interesting trends in the marketing mix to note are:
- Social media marketing budgets will double over the next 5 years
- 72 percent of PPC marketers plan to increase PPC budget in 2014
- Emails with social sharing buttons increase click-through rates (CTRs) by 158 percent
- 33 percent of traffic from Google’s organic search results go to the first item listed, so search engine optimization (SEO) is still very important
- Nearly 50 percent of companies have content marketing strategies
Check out the infographic below for more captivating marketing statistics to be aware of for 2014:
Does your school need help with a marketing strategy for 2014? Effective Student Marketing can help! Request your free consultation now.