Business Development Manager
Effective Student Marketing is in search of a Business Development Manager to join our team.
The role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, participating in industry events or other means of generating interest from potential clients. The Business Development Manager must plan persuasive approaches and presentations that will convince potential clients to do business with Effective Student Marketing. They must also develop a rapport with new clients, set expectations and provide support that will continually enhance and expand the relationship with the client. Strategic planning is a key part of this role, since it is the Business Development Manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the higher education market, the services that Effective Student Marketing provides, and of the company’s competitors. The Business Development Manager must be both strategic and hands on, have a strong project management capability, and be engaged and tenacious about growing the Effective Student Marketing business and passionate about the services it provides.
- Prospect for potential new clients and convert this activity into new business.
- Develop a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential new clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging a network within the industry that Effective Student Marketing serves.
- Use all available resources to research and identify potential client organizations and the decision makers within these target organizations.
- Maintain a prioritized prospect target list within the company’s CRM.
- Set up meetings between prospect decision makers and Effective Student Marketing’s Leadership.
- Work with the Effective Student Marketing Team to develop proposals that speak to the prospective client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Provide weekly reporting to management on business development activities and open opportunities.
- Participate in client solution and pricing discussions.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Handle objections by clarifying and working through differences to achieve a high prospect to client close rate.
- Present an image that fully represents Effective Student Marketing’s values.
- 5+ years of experience in business to business sales of services
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- Strong ability to leverage multiple resources to research and identify target prospects
- Demonstrated experience delivering presentations and managing prospects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and stellar communication skills
- General understanding of direct marketing as it relates to paid search, social media and SEO preferred
- Experience doing business with the higher education industry a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain and utilize a CRM system.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
- Ability to provide revenue projections on potential new business
Please contact us if you are looking for an opportunity to build a career with a fast growing innovative company in the field of education marketing. We provide a strong benefit package for all full-time employees that includes: health, dental, employer paid disability and life insurance, 401K with company match, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. We are a high performing company that values:
- Customer service & success
- Creative problem solving
- Open communication
- Hard work and dedication
- Passion for technology
- Sense of humor
- Giving back to the community
- Having fun, both in and out of the office
Position is salary plus monthly incentive. Salary commensurate with experience. Please note we are looking for candidates who live within commuting distance to Andover, MA.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Teresa Kelley at email@example.com.
Please DO NOT respond if you are a marketing consulting company.
Please DO pass on to a friend if you know anyone who may be interested.