Snapchat: It’s Time to Get Into the Game
Are you still afraid of snapchat? It’s time to put those fears behind you and get on board the platform before your competitors beat you to it.
At a recent Growth Hacking Breakfast put on by Chimaera Labs in Cambridge, keynote speaker Jay Acunzo hammered home a message that we already knew here at Effective Student Marketing: It’s time to get off the Snapchat sidelines and jump into the game.
Here are 7 reasons Jay offered to prove it’s time to play ball:
- More than 60 percent of 13-24 year old smartphone users have the app, which means that your future students are already there. Why aren’t you?
- Snapchat is built to be consumed. It’s a fun, easy-to-use, noisy, people-feed that is wildly popular, with 8 billion video views daily.
- The 10 second snapchat is a perfect match to our dwindling attention span. According to one study, at 8 seconds, the human attention span is shorter than a goldfish’s.
- Snapchat has high open rates. Unlike emails that often produce open rates in the single digits, SMSs like texts and snaps have a 98 percent open rate.
- It’s completely mobile –just like your students.
- Snapchat is full-screen. For a brief moment in time, your eyes are glued to a single activity that is happening right in front of you. Unlike Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn that have competing content across their pages, “your world for ten seconds is just what I want you to see,” said Jay.
- It’s ephemeral –which is part of its appeal. If you look away you’ll miss what’s going on. Stories happen in real time and are gone within 24 hours.
The key to an effective Snapchat strategy is to create top quality content, fine-tuned for the platform. Want to learn how? Contact the HigherEd Geeks at Effective Student Marketing and we’ll help you get in the game now!